THANK YOU FROM RICE PAPER SCISSORS
On Monday the 26th of October, we teamed up with Journey Nepal to host a ‘Night for Nepal’, raising funds to build a self-sustaining cooking school in Nepal. Setting our sights high, with the aim of raising $10,000, the entire team at Rice Paper Scissors and Journey Nepal, along with a group of enthusiastic sponsors, devoted their time, energy and resource into making this dream a reality. And they did it for nothing but good karma, with 100% of the profits going directly to the people of Nepal.
After months of planning the night had finally arrived and the result was overwhelming. Live music, delicious hors d’oeuvres, massages, a silent auction and a great vibe created one of the most memorable nights in Rice Paper Scissors history, and by the end of it we had raised over $13,000.
We could not be happier with this result and would like to thank everyone for getting involved. From our wonderful staff, the organization team, Journey Nepal and especially those who donated.
A special mention goes to the following:
- The Wine Company – Meg for providing the lovely wine and the magnum bottle
- Ash Bros Food Services – George for the beautiful fresh seafood cuisine that’s always available at Rice Paper Scissors
- Plantation Rum – for their donation for cocktail and the magnificent rum in the silent auction
- Lt Smith Brewing – Jacob for the beer
- Westwinds, 666 & Vermut
- My Print Deals and Letter Lights for their donation of printing and lights.
- Luke Evans for his photography artwork
- Verve Portraits for their amazing experience voucher
- Nanda from Byrne Wines for the beautiful wines
- The Little Hen for their donation of healthy goodies
- Kei the massage therapist
- Emily Pennington, our volunteer photographer for the event
- Warehouse Sounds for the PA system
- Ryan Scoble from Sweet Spot Productions for doing the audio
- Mokshya for playing amazing Nepalese music all night
- The entire team at Rice Paper Scissors for donated their time and tips